Our ophthalmology service is provided by Neil Wilson BVM&S CertVOpthal MRCVS and Jen Hicks BVM&S PgCSAO MRCVS, RCVS Recognised Advanced Practitioner in Ophthalmology.
Neil has been taking on eye referral work from across the county since 1994. He performs most forms of eye surgery including: removal of foreign bodies, adnexal, lid and corneal surgery, cataracts, reconstructive eyelid surgery and ERG. Jen joined our team in 2018 and is confident with all extra-ocular surgery and medical eye cases.
The ophthalmology referral service includes a full range of diagnostic tools including slit lamp biomicroscopy, indirect and direct ophthalmoscopy, tonometry, gonioscopy, ERG electroretinography and advanced facilities for microsurgery.
We can offer:
- Full ophthalmic examination
- Cryotherapy for distichiasis
- Corrective lid surgery
- lid shortening,
- nasal fold ablation,
- mass removal
- Third eyelid surgery
- ‘cherry eye’, scrolled cartilage
- Cataract Surgery
- Corneal surgery
- keratotomy for indolent ulcers,
- keratectomy for sequestrum,
- severe pannus or biopsy purposes,
- pedicule conjunctival graft and conjunctivo-corneal transposition for deep ulcers,
- foreign body removal and wound suturing
- Glaucoma diagnosis and monitoring, cyclocryoablation therapy
- Lendectomies following anterior lens luxation
- Management of dry eye (KCS) including parotid duct transposition
- Retro-bulbar disease (investigation and treatment).