They want to see more of the UK’s pets insured.
According to the Association of British Insurers (ABI) 2020 pet insurance research, they reported that only 25% of dogs and 13% of cats currently have a pet insurance policy in place in case of unexpected illness or injury.
With average claims rising to a staggering £822 last year (source: ABI, 2020), it’s always a good time to consider if you have adequate pet cover in place.
Let’s get #morepetsinsured.
There’s no NHS for pets
With no free national health service for our pets, it’s important we give them the opportunity to access the clinical veterinary care they deserve, exactly when they need it.
By having a pet insurance policy in place, you’ll have peace of mind that your veterinary fees are taken care of in case of unexpected illness or injury.
Did you know that, during 2019…
- The average claim to treat a pet with diabetes for one year was £1,406.8
- Traffic accidents involving cats and dogs have resulted in owners claiming £991.57 on average
- Canine companions requiring cruciate ligament surgery averaged claims of £1,546.07
- 59% of claims were for younger pets aged 0-2, showing how important it is to set your pet off on the right paw with four weeks free WalkawayCover.
(Source: MiPet Cover claims data, 2019).
Could you afford to pay your vet’s bills if your furry friend needed treatment?
Lifetime cover is best for your pets
Our veterinary professionals will always recommend that a lifetime policy is best for you and your pet.
These policies typically offer a far more comprehensive level of cover and a fixed veterinary fee amount that you can access when needed. This amount will be replenished each policy year, so long as you remain with the same provider, your premiums are paid up to date, your insurer invites renewals and you continue to renew your cover every year.
Lifetime cover will ensure that your pet can receive lifelong treatment should they develop an ongoing condition such as diabetes or arthritis.
It might be a good idea to do some research on the illnesses and ailments your breed of dog or cat may be prone to so you can ensure you have the right amount of veterinary fee cover in place in the event of you needing to claim.
Are you still not convinced that pet insurance is right for you?
MiPet Cover are here to help your canine companions and feline friends.
- One in five MiPet Cover policyholders needed to make a claim (2019 claims data
- 96% of MiPet Cover claims were paid without quibble (includes only ‘pre-existing’ and ‘within waiting period’ declinatures
- Gastric problems were the conditions most commonly claimed for.
Check out MiPet Cover’s online Guide to Pet Insurance:
About MiPet Cover
MiPet Cover want to make sure that every four-legged family member enjoys the healthiest, longest and happiest life possible. They want you to enjoy spending time with your pet, not worrying about unexpected vet fees.
Their policies are designed so you and your pet can enjoy life with complete peace of mind. MiPet Cover wasn’t just founded on the principles of good medical and healthcare. They’re animal lovers to the core and it’s their mission to care for your pets, no matter what.
To get a pet insurance quote, please visit mipetcover.co.uk.