Wednesday 8th September 2021 was an exciting day for our team at our new veterinary hospital in Falmouth.
Our practice team headed by Clinical Director, Helena Wilkes, held an official opening ceremony, which saw the hugely popular, former BBC Radio Cornwall Presenter Laurence Reed cutting a ribbon.
The winner of our Facebook competition to name our consult rooms – client, Lisa Plumber – was presented with a prize and everyone enjoyed a glass of bubbly and a piece of our specially commissioned cake!
It was a great opportunity to not only celebrate the wider range of veterinary services we can now offer our clients but also the environmental aspects of our new hospital. Locals will be aware that the Tregoniggie Woodland in Falmouth – a popular woodland walk with families and dog owners – runs right up to and alongside the building.
We take our responsibilities seriously
We are striving to be as environmentally sustainable as possible. Our architects, Jefferson Sheard, have taken this on board and this has been a focal point in the design of the hospital.
- A full ecology survey was undertaken prior to any work being undertaken and the trees were fully protected during the build
- Bat & Bird Boxes have been installed to support local populations
- Swaithes of the landscaping have been sown with wildflowers
- Bee ‘Hotels’ have been positioned within the landscaping away from the building to support the local bee population
- The car park lighting has been designed to be bat friendly
- Electrical car charging points have been installed in the car park
- Permeable tarmac has been used to reduce impact and rainwater runoff (so that it soaks into the ground)
- Solar panels have been installed on the roof to generate electricity for the building
- Water reducing fittings have been used internally
- LED lighting has been used throughout to reduce energy consumption and for longevity (reducing the need to change bulbs)
- Minimal/Low VOC paints have been used internally to promote cleaner air.
We all passionately believe in protecting our environment and in customer focus. We are dedicated to providing a friendly experience for both client and pet at every visit; delivering the highest quality care, treatment and advice in a warm, caring, understanding and sustainable environment.
We look forward to see you soon!